Friday, August 24, 2012

Celebrate :)

Today is my birthday!! It's a special day! God is using this little girl and making the most out of me, and its wonderful.

I didnt anticipate spending my 29th birthday at the airport, but regardless its been a wonderful wrap up of two weeks of support raising, orientation and classes. As I wrapped up at my Language Acquisition class this afternoon I was reminded again how incredibly wonderful it is to be in the midst of the plans the Lord has for me. Also it was so rich a blessing to be surrounded by so many on the same journey as me to proclaim the gospel and live out the power of the testimony that the Lord has given us, and who can identify also in the losses of the cost of saying goodbye to our life here to go to a career in ministry in a foreign land. Thank goodness I can relate to others when I get exhausted and weak and overwhelmed and also when I'm so excited at what is ahead!

I may as well let you also know of my prayerful consideration and plans to move to Calgary in September until my departure to Spain. Another transition, but I'm excited for it as Calgary has always been home for me. I look forward to getting reconnected with my church, friends, supporters, mentors and family.

I am still remaining packed and ready for an anticipated September departure date to Spain, however am waiting on the Lord to raise up individuals wherever they might be to meet the final 40% of my monthly ongoing pledges to be fully supported and also waiting on my visa.

Prayer Requests:

- Pray with me for the ongoing transitions, even to Calgary. these last days have been exciting and refreshing and I thank you for those who are with me in this journey. Lord bless you richly, I pray for you too!!

- pray for rest and health, i have toncilitus :(

- pray for the remaining support 40% monthly pledges remaining to reach full support which is required by SEND before I can leave.

- pray for my visa that it comes promptly but not before my support, soon as it is approved I have only 30 days to leave the country.

Praise:

- my big brother is getting baptized I'm so excited!!

- I feel increasingly excited and confirmed of the Lords plans for me

- for the support, classes and preparation that has all taken place since Spring, it has been such a blessing.


By His Grace,

Missy


For options on how you can give you can call:

SEND International toll free:
1 (888) 918-5036
Re: Melissa Bartel / ministry in Spain

4 comments:

  1. I am SO EXCITED for your brother. :) This is glorious!
    Prayers for health <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie, Im also so excited for my big bro :) And thanks for your prayers for health :) Love you, Lets meet sometime soon. XO

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Missy!!! I will be praying for you as you move to Calgary. It sounds like a really good thing for you! <3 And ew...get rid of that tonsillitis soon! :( Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh :) Thanks for praying with me about Calgary, I have had a lot of people confirming this to me, it does feel like the right thing...man its difficult not knowing where home is...Thank the Lord He is saving a spot in heaven. ;) Love you, Hope all is well in Texas. Praying for you, keep in touch. XO

      Delete