Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vessels of Living Water




It is for the souls that I go, and it is for the call that I will stay. 
Who knows how long that we have left in this world; any of us, and I want to make my days count. 
twitter

Issue #4 SEPTEMBER 2012

Vessels of Living Water

by Melissa Bartel

Dear Friends, Family and Ministry Partners: 
Let me share with you an analogy that I heard from a wise missionionary while at my language aquisitions course.
In a land full of lakes, a mediocre vessel or even a marvelous vessel that is filled with living water is insignificant. However to a dessert land, even the most mediocre vessel when filled with living water is the most invaluable resource.  The vessel itself has very little relevance in fact, and will probably go unnoticed, but it holds the most invaluable source of life that when it's transportable, it can have the most distinctive purpose.  Christ is the living water within me, and he is transporting this mediocre vessel to a dessert land; Preparing for the mission field in Spain.

It is for the souls that I go, and it is for the call that I will stay. 
Who knows how long that we have left in this world; any of us, and I want to make my days count. 
I have loved the time of preparation that the Lord has given me over the last 7 years. The time of rich ministry experience that He placed at my door, bible school, outreach, young adults ministry, and even just the friends I made and grew to love deeply; those who made commitments to the Lord and those to my knowing have not. He burdens my heart greatly for those who have not. 
I'm still pressing ahead with all that I have, and I am prepared to go to Spain in His timing and have done all that I can in my strength as he leads me, but I still need more people to prayerfully and finacially partner with me to reach the ministry in Spain that he is preparing for me.  

I had prepared myself for a September departure but have not yet acquired the full monthly and ongoing support yet to do so. I praising the Lord for His radical provision to bring me to 60% and praying that he would bring me to the full 100% that is required before I can book my flight to Spain where I will live for the next five years. My last 40% came in 10 days time and I believe that it can happen again if the Lord wills it. In the meantime, I will be moving to Calgary to continue in supoprt raising and partner development as best I can as I prepare for my departure to Spain, and I am excited for all that this move will bring in ministry opportunities and support.
I attached an exciting PHOTO TIMELINE of my busy spring/summer to bring you up to speed since my last newsletter last May. 

Thank you for following the journey, and for your prayers, encouragement and support. I'm greatly indebted to you and I pray the Lord rewards you in full for what I cannot even begin to repay to you. 
Leaning on the Almighty, 
<3>



Link to PHOTO TIMELINE of Spring Through Summer: Click to View Here


Enjoy <3 comment-3--="">

No comments:

Post a Comment