Saturday, August 11, 2012

Funny Story

As you might know, I was just in Alberta nearly a week to do a little more support raising and meet  up with friends and family.  Once there, I was aching to see the mountains, and so I decided last sunday afternoon to take a drive about an hour west on the Trans-Canada highway  to a small town called Canmore...
Trans Canada to Canmore AB

Alberta Driving
Ready for the Road Ahead

Now you might also know that I have been basically on the road since the beginning of June with short periods of time in and out of Winnipeg in between...So I admittedly have been a little tired.
I didn't have a lot of time in Alberta, so I needed to make the most out of it. I spoke in a church that morning then went for lunch with friends, then wanted to chill in the mountains until I had to be back for the evening service at my home church there. 

By the time I arrived in Canmore I was sooo tired, I needed to just shut my eyes briefly. So I pulled into a residential street and took a short nap in the drivers seat of my car. Once I woke up I looked at my clock and realized I needed to head back to the city for church.

I basically drove to the mountains to have a nap then drove back...At least the drive was pretty.

The End.

btw...

Itinerary: 
Winnipeg till monday morning
Toronto this Monday till Aug 25 (Aug 24th is my birthday ;)
Aug 25-Sept 1st Winnipeg
Sept 1-15 Calgary
Sept 15th SPAIN




Prayer Requests/ Current Needs:
- Please pray for rest, I am pretty tired, its mostly the transition and saying goodbyes that are draining.
- PRAYER warriors (at least 35 people, let me know via email if this is you :) melissabartel@gmail.com 
- 40% remaining monthly Support pledged required to depart to Spain:
15 people at $100/mo. OR 44 people at $35/mo.



To Make a Donation:
Call SEND International toll free to give over the phone: Ph #1(888) 918-5036

OR

"So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields."_Matt 9:38

No comments:

Post a Comment