Sunday, February 17, 2013

Welcome to my Winterpeg house...


The House on Laval in Winnipeg has been one of my greatest highlights of living in this winter wonderland. I suppose as I prepare to pack up and move to Spain I am filled with nostalgia in looking back on the wonderful transition Winnipeg had been for me.

At the Laval House, I have 7 roommates most of the time; the upstairs are girls and the lower level are boys and 95 % of the time they are international students from all over the world. Typically they rotate in and out every few months to few years; so in the last three years that I have lived in Winnipeg, I have lived among a great number of nations.

This has been a great delight for me. I love love love diversity and learning about other cultures, religions and world views. And it has also been wonderful to also share with them mine.

Although the house may have had moments or chaos, miscommunication and even uncleanness (of which I might be the worst), there are definitely far more treasured times that I recall that far out weight the chaos. That being, simple life filled with community; time living together, laughing together, eating together and going for activities out of the house together. We often are the most eclectic group that you ever did see, somewhat of a Montley Crew, but thats what makes us awesome, because we are unique house family.

Anyways, here are some wonderful times over the years of what living at the Laval House of Nations Family looks like. ENJOY. I know I have. :)

Lets see if I can think of all the countries they have been from:

Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Libya, Algeria, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Zambia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Saudi Arabia, Iran, China. And adopted roommates who never lived here but who were still part of the house were from South Korea and Japan.





























No comments:

Post a Comment