Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Times of Refreshing

Banff:Young Adults Leaders Retreat
Oh sing to the Lord a new song;
    sing to the Lord, all the earth!
Sing to the Lord, bless his name;
     tell of his salvation from day to day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
    his marvelous works among all the peoples!
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
    he is to be feared above all gods.
                                Psalm 96:1-4



I'm in Calgary staying with my my dear friends and mentors from a mission program that I took about 7 years ago; which is  where this journey first began in sensing the Lord nudging me into overseas mission. They had lived in Spain 21 years as missionaries and clearly their love for the Spaniards was contagious, and now where I first began this journey, here I am again, preparing for my final steps before I go out in September. :)

My purpose here these three weeks is to do an intensive one week training class with my mission organization, and to speak in churches, and meet with friends and family. Three weeks may seem like a long time but I already have a pretty intensive schedule that I rely the Lord will help me manage my time to fit it all in. 

Since arriving Friday night late evening, I was able to settle in and set my alarm for the adventure with God that awaited me in the morning. I had the privilege to again join with the Young Adults Leaders from my home-church CSC, on a leaders retreat to Banff for the night. I drove up with our community women's pastor who blessed me a great deal in sharing her life with me, and with her loving and nurturing motherly nature she took care of all us. I was blessed like crazy also to sit among our Young Adults Pastors both there, and to sit in on their teaching God's Word and see again their love for shepherding this generation and be a part of the passion for Jesus they have is encouraging. This entire community continues to amaze me as they commit to the Lordship of Christ in their lives and live wholeheartedly for Kingdom Purposes. We initially met on the mountain top which some climbed and some took the gondola up, and we had fellowship and ate together. Later back at the resort we gathered for an evening of fellowship, worship, prayer, preaching, laying on of hands and encouragement in the the body of Christ to be near Christ and follow Him. Before the night was over two girls went out and shared the gospel with five girls who were also staying at the resort, and two of them cried at their message. It felt like I stepped back into an early church and I imagined this was how church was initially done. The next day we ate together and gathered all again to worship and about seven girls sat on the balcony across from ours to hear us sing. It was only one night but it was so rich! God is so good, and in our time with one another, it was again such confirmation of the call that the Lord has on my life to bring the good news and love of Christ to the nations, and particularly to Spain. 

I had the opportunity last night to visit my family; my mom, step dad, little brother and little sister and her new baby! So Exciting! I try so hard not to cry every time I think of leaving them again. But I am so excited at the way I see the Lord laying out the steps ahead of me as I prepare to go to Spain, and as I walk in His will he overwhelms me with his great love an fulfilment of being exactly where he wants me. I have great confidence in my God, and assurance that He is good and will never leave me nor forsake me.

Im Praising God for the already richness of his love and presence being back on home ground Alberta. I can't wait to see what the Lord still has in store for the remainder of my stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment